The Pig Health Society was delighted to host this year’s symposium, “Securing your future and embracing change” at Johnstown House Hotel, Enfield, Co. Meath on 14th May, 2013.
The Pig Health Society Symposium & Trade Fair is the country’s largest pig event and attracts people from all parts of the industry year after year.
• Prof Patrick Gerard Wall MB BAO BCh, MVB, MBA, MRCVS, “Opening Address”
• Pat Kirwan, Cert PM, MVB: “Biosecurity – How secure is your farm?”
• Dr Poul Rathkjen, DVM: “PRRS – Control Danish style”
• Peter O’Neill, MVB, DBR: “Pig Post Mortem Examinations – Vet Lab services overview”
• John Chambers: “Ventilation”
The speakers were followed by a workshop:
• Andrew McCrea, Gary Anderson, Declan Prendergast, “Loose sow conversion – the farmers experience” Chairman Gerard McCutcheon, Teagasc